Company: SSM Health
Location: Saint Louis
Posted on: May 27, 2023
It's more than a career, it's a callingMO-SSM Health Cardinal
Glennon Children's HospitalWorker Type:RegularJob
Highlights:Part-time Paramedic - 12hrs shift - Mid schedule : 1p-1
am or 3p-3a .Job Summary:Provides basic and advanced life support
treatment, care and evaluation of patients on scene.Job
Responsibilities and Requirements:PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies, and may intervene and stabilize, the ill or injured
patient during intrafacility and/or interfacility transport under
the direction and in collaboration with the physician and/or
Registered Nurse (RN).
- Initiates and implements interventions based on team protocols.
Monitors, records and communicates patient condition and treatment,
- Provides population specific education to the patient and
family about the patient's illness and therapeutic
- Inspects, maintains and cares for equipment to ensure safety of
the team, patients and public.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- May interview patients, measure vital signs, and record
information on patients' charts. May prepare treatment rooms for
examination of patients.
- May perform basic clerical duties including answering the
phone, maintaining records, scheduling patients, and filing.
- May assist with treatments ordered by provider as supervised by
provider or registered nurse. may perform select clinical
- Performs other duties as assigned.EDUCATION
- High school diploma or equivalentEXPERIENCE
- No experience requiredPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Constant use of speech to share information through oral
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing
- Frequent sitting, reaching and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near
(20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and
- Frequent use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Frequent use of hearing to receive oral communication,
distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects
weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving of patients.
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting,
gripping and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional driving.
- Rare crawling and running.Licenses / Certifications:Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - American Heart Association (AHA),
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart
Association (AHA), Driver License - State of Work Location, Driving
Record - State of Work Location, Paramedic - National Registry of
Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT), Paramedic - State of Work
Location, Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American Academy
Pediatrics (AAP), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) - American
Heart Association (AHA)Work Shift:Weekend Shift (United States of
America)Job Type:EmployeeDepartment:2000000010 Emergency
Dept.Scheduled Weekly Hours:24SSM Health is an equal opportunity
employer. SSM Health does not discriminate on the basis of race,
color, religion, national origin, age, disability, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Keywords: SSM Health, O'Fallon , Paramedic, Other , Saint Louis, Missouri
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...