Information About this Position
- PRN Schedule
- Non-Benefits Eligible
Company and Job Overview
Opened in 2007, Progress West
Hospital is BJC HealthCare’s newest hospital in St.
Charles County, featuring modern private rooms. It offers 24-hour
emergency services and has partnered with St. Louis Children’s
Hospital to provide world-class pediatric emergency care.
Progress West Hospital also provides
surgical services, endoscopy services, a cardiac catheterization
lab, medical/surgical inpatient services, diagnostic imaging, lab
services, and the Advanced Wound Center, a specialty wound
treatment facility with state-of-the-art equipment. Progress West
Hospital recently completed an expansion of its Childbirth Center
to include enhanced services for at-risk mothers and babies, with a
newborn ICU that provides care for babies born as early as 32
Progress West Hospital is a Certified Level
II Stroke Center. The hospital’s medical office building houses
offices for specialists in primary care, cardiology, obstetrics,
pediatrics, and orthopedics.
The Registered Diagnostic Sonographer
performs ultrasound procedures, including but not limited to
abdominal, small parts, and obstetrical, to adult and pediatric
patients for the purpose of diagnosis and/or treatment of anatomic
and physiologic disorders, and assist with needle procedures (i.e.,
biopsies, drainages, needle placements, etc.). May also perform
- Performs ultrasound imaging examinations.
- Performs studies independently in the Operating Room and or
portable exams as required by the work area.
- Maintains equipment and supplies.
- Ensures proper documentation of procedures.
- Collaborates with Radiologist and medical staff for
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The
ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe
manner is an essential function of this job.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) or
- Associate's Degree in Sonography
- <2 years of experience
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) or
Note: not all benefits apply to all
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life
insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick
does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton
Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to
indicate the general nature and level of work performed by
employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties
and qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Equal Opportunity Employer